HP is among the top military providers in the world, specializing in technologies to control and monitor large populations, selling them to prison authorities, immigration police and military regimes. These products are designed to limit human rights and civil rights, and they are a threat to all of us.
HP also uses prison slave labor.
► Don’t buy H-P products and ask your friends, family, co-workers, etc. not to buy H-P. If you own an H-P printer, click for alternatives to H-P printer supplies.
► Ask stores not to sell H-P.
► Join Sacramento area Boycott H-P bannering and leafleting at local stores. Email SacramentoBDS@gmail.com for dates and locations.
► Ask your organization, club, school, mosque, temple, etc. to become H-P free. Email SacramentoBDS@gmail.com for more info. (For churches, see below.)
►Have your church become H-P free. Several U.S. denominations are leading the way and have already divested from HP including the Presbyterian Church, Unitarian Universalists, United Church of Christ, Quaker Friends Fiduciary, and Alliance of Baptists. Now is the time for each of us to ensure we personally do not purchase HP products including computers, printers, and ink; and that our churches rise to the call to do the same. To get involved locally, contact Friends of Sabeel Sacramento Region: SabeelSacramento@gmail.com
More on H-P
- HP’s Basel system installed at Israeli military checkpoints in the occupied West Bank facilitates the restriction of movement and control of the occupied population, a violation of international law.
- HP’s new biometric identification system developed for the Israeli government differentiates among the citizens of Israel, taking technology to a new level in the stratification of citizenship rights
- HP supplies the Israeli military with its computer systems and provided the technology infrastructure for the Israeli navy, which was responsible for the 2010 raid on the freedom flotilla that resulted in the death of nine activists.
- HP provides services to several Israeli West Bank settlements, all of which are illegal under international law.
- HP works with the California Department of Corrections on data systems used to monitor and control prisoners and with ICE to speed up deportation processing.
- HP sells surveillance equipment to governments who use it to monitor their populations.
[We thank the HP Boycott Campaign of Southern California for the above information.]